Hot for Teacher?



Over in Brevard County, yet another female teacher stands accused of sex with a 17-year-old student.

And I just don't get it.

I can't grasp the whole teacher crossing the line to sleep with a student thing. I'm trying-- really really trying--to wrap my mind around how a teacher--male or female--can rationalize acting on impulse with a kid entrusted to their authority.

I mean, it might be easier for these educators to light themselves on fire because basically, the legal bonfire they find themselves embroiled in upon arrest--in these puritanical times--will cook them faster than a Salem witch, both personally and professionally.

Gives a whole different spin on Hot for Teacher.

One certainty.

These Summer of '42 "relationships" blow Stranger Danger right out of the water.

"According to the U.S. Department of Justice, approximately 93% of sexually abused children are molested by family members, close friends or acquaintances." (Bureau of Justice Statistics. 2000.)

But stats or no stats.

The ethical breach. The compromised trust. The misuse of authority.

I'll never get it.