Yard Signs for Obama



When I first noticed the huge McCain-Palin sign, my first thought was, "Great. I get to pass this every day on the way to work."

Couple of days later, nothing was left of the sign but the frame.

The sign had vanished.

The word is both McCain and Obama signs have a short shelf life. Up one minute, gone the next.

Priced at over $100, ticked off supporters have resorted to undercover surveillance, as I soon discovered on the drive to work a couple of weeks later.

The McCain-Palin sign was back again, only this time studded to the frame with a series of carpenter screws that a Cat 5 hurricane couldn't rip through. At the bottom corner of both sides of the sign, I noticed what appeared to be a note of some kind.

So I pulled over, got out of my car and took a look.

To the BASTARDS who stole my sign--
Smile.
You're on web cam.

The theft of this sign has been reported to the police, who are now patrolling this area.

You steal this sign, I'll hunt you down like a dog.


OK then.

I myself resorted to less threatening methods to protect my support of Obama.

Instead of a posting one of the $8 yard signs that was certain to disappear with a quick tug and run, I stuck an Obama bumper sticker on the post of my mailbox as sort of an experiment really, to see how long my display of free speech would remain untouched.

Remember that old television commercial? It's not nice to fool Mother Nature?

Anyone who plans a rip off of my staked claim is in for one big environmentally-conscious surprise.

Say hello to the Hornet family, who just happen to call the crevice between the underside of the box and the top of the post home.

These aren't just any hornets.

These are Hornets for Obama, Stinging for Change.