American Disabilities Act




I haven't heard back since filing my civil rights complaint, so as far as the status, I know as much as you do. My hopes are everyone is considering or has filed, especially as Governor Crist has signed yet another offender bill into law.

What I'd like to share is that another avenue of legal action may be opened to disabled offenders: the American Disabilities Act. If some sort of governmental ordinance, rule or regulation is interfering with your ability to maintain compliance with the present laws--without regard to your disabling condition--a complaint can be filed.

The ADA website is found here.

The ADA enforcement page here.

The complaint form here.

My friend has formulated quite the promising argument, but the cards will not be revealed here; however, if you are disabled offender and feel you've been discriminated against, review the website and file, file, file.

We have strength in our numbers.