School's Out for Lauren Book



Hmmm.

Lauren Book has decided against a School Board run.

(...)

In a voice mail message, Book told us (the Sun Sentinel) this:

"We have decided that I will not be running for school board. This was a decision that was not easy for me or my family, but I've decided I wanted to take the next year and half to two years to really focus on Lauren's Kids and get it the point where it can stand on its own and then look at the possibilities for other offices.''


Read more here.


As for here, comments like the one below might provide us with a bit of insight about what Ms. Book might have faced with a District 4 run.


"I tried to contact her for help regarding my daughter through her non-profit organization and she never contacted me. Her father gave me lip service, but was no help either. I lost respect for both of them after that."


Book(-Lim) is the daughter of Florida super-lobbyist, Ron Book, super-advocate for Florida's sex offender laws.