Obama on Roberts



In my opinion, the most important statement Barack Obama made during the Saddleback Civil Forum was his observation regarding Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts.

Obama told pastor Rick Warren "... how I've see him (Roberts) operate since he went to the bench, confirms the suspicions that I had and the reasons I voted against him."

The presumptive Democratic nominee went on specifically to say, "One of the most important jobs of I believe--of the Supreme Court is to guard against the encroachment of the executive branch on the power of the other branches and I think he has been a little bit too willing and eager to give the administration--whether it's mine or George Bush's--more power than the Constitution intended."

That statement quite nicely sums up what is wrong with America today.

Check it out yourself, beginning around 5:40.