Book Jill Levenson, Oprah!


Oh. God.

Is it just me or is Oprah reverting back to her bad sensationalist self?

She recently joined forces with John Walsh to incite a letter writing campaign among her loyal viewership.

The Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act was passed on July 25, 2006—20 years after Adam Walsh's abduction. The act established a National Sex Offender Registry law, but recent news reports reveal most states will not be in compliance with the law by the upcoming July 2009 deadline.

It's time to bail out our kids. Make your voice heard by imploring your senators and state representatives to comply with Adam's law and give it full funding.

I mean, this crap and the Twitter thing with Ashton Kutcher all in one two week period?

Please.

But the old girl must be losing her touch because I didn't see too many replies posted to the Adam Walsh Act Community. I presently have a headache interfering with my research skills, but all I see on the site is Replies: 5. (Take a look for yourself here).

I think Oprah needs to book a few researchers, beginning with Jill Levenson. But then, that might open up the eyes of an otherwise closed mindset.

And next?

Lose the long locks, babe. It's aging you.