Chris Matthews Sucks



Is the government doing enough to keep children safe from sex offenders?


And with that question, I--in my Pollyanna hopeful way--really thought Hardball's Chris Matthews would impartially explore why the present laws did nothing to protect (or help) Jaycee Dugard?

Instead, he chose to interview a lightning rod, former prosecutor and NFL cheerleader Wendy Murphy and together, both screamed personal opinions seemingly based on a quick Google search of whatever agreed with their preconceived notions.

Check out this misinformation.

Matthews: "A certain recidivism rate...something like 100%..."

Murphy: "Studies show average sex offenders have an average of 100 victims..."

Matthews lost a major opportunity--I'll go as far to say a timely opportunity--to open up a research-based discussion regarding how these laws keep our kids less safe. For crying out loud, he didn't even bother to book a rebuttal guest.

I'm sick of what happened to Jaycee and I'm sick of the laws that helped keep her prisoner for 18 years and I'm sick of so-called journalists buried so far in their own bias that the truth--as they see it--is the only version they determine fit to tell.

Many Americans are currently engaged in a boycott of advertisers who choose to sell their wares on Glenn Beck.

I think it's time to add Hardball and Chris Matthews.