Living with the rules of SORA and descrimination as a LGBT individual

The following was sent to use via the Contact form, and is posted with their permission.

From K:
I am writing this because I too have experienced the repercussions of being put on the PSOR. I have been denied jobs even though I am very much qualified, been fired from jobs due to them not wanting their company name "slandered" by having me working there. Just recently had an officer coming to my door saying that he received a call of some people on the tracks across the street from our house. Said it was called in to the station that a bald man and someone else ran into the vacinity of our house, so me and my lover need to keep our personal lives to ourselves and not out in the public. Needless to say, it wasnt myself of my lover that was on the tracks, but because we are sex offenders, we were warned and cops came to our house first. There are many instances that I can tell you about in this regard. On a different note, I am a gay male and while in prison, because of my lifestyle and the type of case I had, endured much descrimination as well. I am considering writing a short story of my life in and ourside prison as a gay sex offender. If interested in this, please get ahold of me.