John McCain Vitiates



I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sitting back enjoying watching the Republicans take the karmic bite in the arse over the economic stimulus plan.

As reported by Voice of America:

Republicans accused Democrats of providing insufficient time for lawmakers to examine the 1,000-page bill, insisting a Republican alternative would create twice as many jobs.

Funny. Procedures certainly weren't so important when the Reps suspended the rules to vote in the Adam Walsh Act over the protest of all those American citizens who faxed, phoned and emailed their concerns regarding the impact of the legislation on families.

Suspension is reserved for "non-controversial legislation".

Particularly laughable--John McCain's complaints spiced apologetic.

(...)

Mr. President, before I go too much further, the bill is 1,071 pages. We got it last night, I believe, at 10:20 p.m. That was the first moment a copy was made available. It was not numbered correctly. At 11 p.m. we received notification it had just become available on the House Web site.

(...)

Now, I want to say again, my side of the aisle, for 8 years, did not include the other side of the aisle. We were guilty. We were guilty of not observing the rights and privileges of the minority party. I do not excuse it, nor do I rationalize it. But I do believe that some Members did work in a bipartisan fashion and that times are different. The times are different. The American people spoke.

Yes. We. Did.


"All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome."

--George Orwell